With hundreds of online projects on NABUUR.com, how do you decide which one to help? Some volunteers have their mind made up as soon as they register, beelining it for the project of their choice.
But many of us are grateful for a little time to peruse what's available - so, if you've asked yourself the question 'how do I choose a NABUUR project?' you're in luck as today, we bring you some tips to make sure you start off your NABUUR experience on the right foot from the get-go.
1. A quick way to select an online project is by browsing the Villages tab. On that page you'll see villages and projects categorized by topic and location. Pick at your heart's content!
2. You can't beat a search engine! Type in your chosen keywords (skills, interests, location, task names, etc.) and find your way to quick results in seconds.
3. Peers know best. Chat with your fellow Neighbours: they are the ones with the pulse on all the latest happening on NABUUR, and they'll likely know of a project where your skills and interests would fit right in.
4. Stay on top of the NABUUR news! Opportunities for help within villages and projects are often advertised by the news items, so don't miss one bit!
5. Contact info[at]nabuur.com if you'd like some guidance on where to start. Don't forget to tell us a bit about yourself (your preferences for a volunteering opportunity; your work/academic experience; your likes/dislikes) and we'll help match you up with a project of your choice.
If you're not quite ready to dive into a project, no worries, there's heaps more you can do: check out the '10 Things You can do' page. We know there's something in there that's bound to get your full attention!
We hope you find this information useful in helping you get started - Have a great day everyone!